DP-90/DP-90S System Update Version 2.00
This system program updates your DP90 / DP90S to the latest version 2.00.
How to know the version
Before you start, check the system program version of your DP90/DP90S.
- Hold down [ + ] and [ - ] and switch on the power to the unit.
If this shows the latest version (version 2.00 or later), there's no need to update your DP90/DP90S.
- After verifying the displayed version, switch off the power.
[ Ver.2.00 ]
- Available for Roland Wireless Connect ( WNA1100-RL ).
For more information, refer to "About the Wireless LAN Function ( DP90_l_wireless_e01_W.pdf )."
What you will need to update your DP90/DP90S
- USB Memory ( Roland's M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
* The USB Memory need to be formatted on a DP90/DP90S.
- A computer with a USB connector (Windows XP / Vista / 7, Mac OS X v10.4.3 or later)
- Update file downloaded from this page
Cautions with the update
- We recommend that you save your user data to a USB memory before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your user data is lost, you will be able to restore the original state by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer to the following sections of the Owner's Manual.
- Copying a Saved Song
- Memory Backup (Refer to the owner's manual to make a note of the settings.)
- Settings Stored Automatically (Refer to the owner's manual to make a note of the settings.)
- Auto Off
- CD/Audio Type
- USB Driver
- USB Memory Mode
- Never power-off your DP90/DP90S while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the DP90/DP90S won't be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded "dp90_sys_v200.zip" file on your computer to get the update files in the "R047_DP90" folder.
Procedure for the update
- Copy the entire folder containing the DP90/DP90S update data ( R047_DP90 ) to the root directory of the formatted USB Memory, and then detach the device from the computer.
- Leaving the power to the DP90/DP90S switched off; connect the USB Memory to the USB MEMORY port.
- Hold down [ Rec ] and switch on the power to the unit.
Please wait for about ten seconds until displaying "LOADING"
- The update starts. Wait several minutes. When "COMPLETE" is displayed, the operation is finished.
- Detach the USB Memory and switch off the power to the unit.