SMF Player for Mac OS X v10.6 or earlier
This is an application for playing back Standard MIDI Files that can be used in place of a full-featured sequencer or librarian program. You will need a MIDI interface on your computer to use this program.
* This Mac OS X version cannot be used for Mac OS X Lion(10.7). Please use the SMF Player for Mac OS X v10.7 for Lion. (2011/09/02)
Here is the procedure to use this application:
1) Copy the file "updateSMF.exe" to your computer.
2) Launch the application by double clicking on the appropriate icon.
3) Click on the arrow by MIDI Out Device and select the MIDI output
you wish to use.
4) Click on Path and use the browse dialog box to locate the
Standard MIDI Files you have downloaded (they should be in a
directory by themselves) and click on OK.
5) Click on Scan SMF, you should see a number of files appear
in the window immediately next to this button.
6) Press SEND to begin transmitting the files. The application
will send all of the files sequentially.
7) When the update is completed, press Exit.